We wandered off this morning to attempt to figure out a bus schedule so we could go to the next town over and see the Naval Battle of Flowers. We sort of figured out the bus schedule and realized we had a bit of time to kill, so we explored the Promenade du Paillon.
Hey! It's David!
This is the Miroir d'eau (water mirror).
I may have taken a lot of photos of it while waiting for the water fountains to start back up.
And then taken a lot of photos of the jets.
Be glad I only showed you two of each. These are seriously like half of my photos for the day.
In case you had any doubt about the terrifying nature of the King and Queen of Media.
This is near where we were last night for the parade. They had a carnival (the ferris wheel and fried foods kind) going on behind us. I may have gotten overly excited about churros and ended up with more churros than I could eat. Time to head back to the bus stop.
I'm not sure who is more regal - the statue or the seagull on his head.
We crammed into a bus (it was very full) and headed to Villefranche to see the Naval Battle of Flowers. For this please use this as accompanying music.
An anchor made of carnations.
We weren't entirely sure we had gone in the correct direction - we were just following the crowd - but then we saw the boats down on the water.
Oh hey! A parade with Montenegro's Brass Band.
...and folk women?
I believe some of them were on a float last night and didn't look too happy about it.
Cute little church on the parade route.
Mimes on parade! Except they actually made noise.
Dan wanted to make sure I was in a photo.
It's the Confetti Scrubs Band!
Dan and I abandoned the parade to try to find a good spot down on the water.
It required some use of our Neapolitan elbows.
The port was pretty busy.
People hanging off the dock.
I don't know what I was expecting but this was essentially the Flower Parade Part II - Flowers at Sea.
A little kayak with an outrigger came to the party.
I don't have any information on this event so....enjoy the boats!
As the flowers started flying, Dan and I ducked out of the crowd to catch the train back to Nice.
The Flower Battle rages on down below!
The seaside at Villefranche.
The train station had some interesting and some generic graffiti.
Oh! You can stop the music now if you want.
We made it to the airport and....I don't remember anything remarkable happening.
Night time coastline.
Bye Nice!
This concludes our adventures for today and in Nice.
