Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Leisurely Lecce - Day 2

March 26th

We had a late morning and then piled four adults and three medium to large dogs in our civic station wagon to go on an adventure.  According to the map, there was a park outside of Lecce that I thought would be good for the puppies.  In Southern Italian style, however, the park wasn't on a main road.  In fact it was off of a dirt farm road, and when we found it (at least I think we found it) there didn't appear to be a way into it.  So we gave up and headed to the nearest beach instead.
Before the beach I found this weird two-headed three-eyed religious poster.

Puppies like the beach.

The bars weren't open yet, it was still too cool for beach season, but the graffiti was neat.

We found a WWII pillbox.

Artsy pillbox photo with space Lego man for scale.


Savannah just wanted a nice boat photo of John and the dogs, but the dogs were resisting behaving.

We wandered off to a different beach area to find food/a restaurant that would let us have the dogs with us.  We successfully found a place and then spent more time exploring.
Colorful boats!

Ta is taking us everywhere.

The Adriatic Sea!

Bowser is a sleepy puppy.

After we wore the dogs out at the beach we headed home for a break before wandering around Lecce to find dinner.  We ended up exploring the Basilica di Santa Croce for a bit.

It was a little under construction.

The church was completed in 1695.

I think it looked like a sandcastle.

It was ornately decorated, but everything was beige-y.

I don't know what this sign was trying to tell me, but I thought it looked cool.

Outside the church was a stack of blue numbers, for reasons.  

This concludes our adventures for today.