As our last big trip while stationed in Italy, and as a 5 year wedding anniversary trip, we went to Ireland!
So for some reason Ireland isn't covered by most insurance policies for rental cars. We got to spend a bit of time at the airport trying to acquire a rental car. We finally succeeded and started our road trip around Ireland.
First stop, Dublin!
These are the flowers in the planter outside of the hotel.
We went for a walk in the park across the street.
The grounds used to belong to the Royal Hospital Kilmainham.
This is the Richmond Tower. It was built in 1812.
These kids were climbing the wall to get into the cemetery.
This is a very nice wall that is hiding a parking lot.
The park also had some art!
Ferdia at the Ford (Ferdia for nÁth) by James McKenna (1989)
Escaped Animals by Julian Opie (2002)
The hospital was built in 1684 by Sir William Robinson.
It was designed as a home for retired soldiers.
The hospital has a lovely garden, which was in bloom while we were visiting:
Rudbeckia!
Many flowers.
I'm not sure what these are.
I'm guessing these belong to the rose family.
The weird flowers (blue passion flowers) above turn into these orange pods.
I think they might be aliens.
I could see being retired here. It's lovely.
Oh! Proof I was here!
I found a mulberry tree to hid in.
And took a secret photo of Dan.
Garden wall! And the mulberry tree I was hiding in.
The grounds that weren't a developed into garden are allowed to grow wild.
A foot path was put through the tall grass so you don't have to go stomping.
I found a ladybug!
And some weird seeds.
Later we got dinner at the hotel restaurant.
They had this cider, Orchard Thieves, which was delicious and amazing.
This concludes our adventures for today.
