We went to explore Luray Caverns. The photos aren't great because I used my phone and it was dark.
Luray caverns were discovered in 1878.
The family went exploring.
These formations are actually called speleothems. They come in many shapes and sizes.
These are drapery speleothems.
This is Dream Lake.
It has a perfect reflection of the ceiling above.
Dan had to lift Tamzin up so she could see.
Tamzin is unsure about all of this.
I think this is looking down into the Giant's Hall.
In the early days of exploring the caverns, the body of a Native American girl was found. It is estimated that she is not older than 500 years and her grave probably got assumed by a sinkhole into the caverns.
These are the raw ends where part of this formation sheared off.
They have a pipe organ hooked up to the stalactites. You can play the speleothems!
(Well, you can't, but a professional approved by Luray Caverns can.)
We also went to my friend's family's farm to carve pumpkins. I made a cat and Dan made a pirate.
To fly out we had to get a local vet do Tantalum's health certificate. Luckily my mom's vet was able to squeeze us in. Overall the United Petsafe program was....okay. It was super stressful and I was really worried about Ta the entire flight. We picked her up in SFO and she was shaky but fine. I don't think she had ever been so excited to see us.
To fly out we had to get a local vet do Tantalum's health certificate. Luckily my mom's vet was able to squeeze us in. Overall the United Petsafe program was....okay. It was super stressful and I was really worried about Ta the entire flight. We picked her up in SFO and she was shaky but fine. I don't think she had ever been so excited to see us.
This concludes our adventures for now.













