Today it was raining, so we went to the New York Museum of Modern Art.
A bridge! I'm....not sure which one.
Apparently everyone else also thought to go to the MoMA on this rainy day. The museum was packed so I couldn't get as good of photos as I would have liked.
The Storm by Edvard Munch (1893)
Apparently Munch only knows how to do one type of figure.
The Sleeping Gypsy by Henri Rousseau (1897)
I know this one because it was in a coloring book I had as a kid.
The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh (1889)
Portrait of Joseph Roulin by Vincent van Gogh (1889)
Look at that crazy beard!
Still Life with Three Puppies by Paul Gauguin (1888)
Puppies!
The Architect's Table by Pablo Picasso (1912)
Science, in abstract form.
Boy Leading a Horse by Pablo Picasso (1905)
Picasso is capable of painting people who don't look like they were put in a blender and reflected in a fun house mirror.
The City Rises by Umberto Boccioni (1910)
Dynamic Hieroglyphic of the Bal Tabarin by Gino Severini (1912)
Slow Swirl at the Edge of the Sea by Mark Rothko (1944)
Girl before a Mirror by Pablo Picasso (1932)
The Japanese Footbridge by Claude Monet (1922)
I've never seen a painting by Monet with this color palette.
Agapanthas by Claude Monet (1926)
This little plant in the corner looks like a ninja or something being sneaky.
Object by Joan Miró (1936)
This is an ex-parrot!
The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dalí (1931)
This is waaaay smaller than I expected. It's like, 8x10.
The Sculpture Garden braving the gloomy weather.
Solar Centrifugal Force (Outward) East by Alfred Jensen (1961)
Pin-up by Richard Hamilton (1961)
The boobs come out at you.
Big Black by Louise Nevelson (1963)
It's a large wall of black things.
Poppy by Ruth Asawa (1965)
Olive and Black by Jesús Soto (1966)
George Harrison John Lennon Paul McCartney Ringo Starr by Richard Avedon (1967)
A wall of musical posters from the 1960's. And Dan.
No 5, 6, 7, and 8 by Eduardo Paolozzi (1967)
There's a random viewing window on the other side. Now they are the art!
Subject from a Dyer's Shop by Lyubov Popova (1914)
Figure by Varvara Stepanova (1921)
Part of the New Mechanical Setting and Sportsmen by El Lissitzky (1923)
Samovar by Kazimir Malevich (1913)
New York is hiding in the rain.
We escaped! I didn't like this one.
It wasn't great, AND they stuck us with a 13 year old's birthday party. I did not like them.
The city is beautiful at night (and a distance).
We got together at our air b&b and played Settlers of Catan.
I will never play Catan with Will again.
This concludes our adventures for tonight.





































