October 13th
Dan and I headed back to the USA for two more weddings. The first one was in Boulder, CO. We arrived in the USA via Houston, so we had to clear customs there. Dan and I both found this sign amusing.
I think it went like this:
"Guys, we can let Canadians in through the US Citizens line. Go fix the sign."
Later. "You just printed out 'Canadians' on a piece of paper....
Whatever, slap 'and' on it and tape it to the nice sign."
October 14th
Today we headed out for Bachelor party shenanigans starting at 15:00. First stop is Stranahan's Distillery.
Stranahan's was formed when a firefighter met a whiskey connoisseur at a barn fire.
It is the first Colorado whisky.
John Wayne's truck!
I think...I don't remember why they have it. Stranahan and Wayne were friends maybe?
Woo! Mash. No mash no whiskey.
The fermentation tanks.
So many barrels!
First round of distilling.
Second round of distilling. Also our guide looking concerned about something she's describing.
Stranahan's is very red when in the barrel. That light is not colored.
Dustin's getting married! WoooOOOOOoooo!
And finally we get to sample the whiskey. Stranahan's has glasses that weeble and wobble but won't fall down. At least when empty. I wasn't willing to try it with whiskey in the glass.
After the distillery tour we went to a cigar and whiskey bar, where more whiskey was consumed. The next stop was the Chop House (something like that) where some coworkers of Dustin's joined us and we had lots of meat for dinner. The end of the night was at Punch Bowl Social, a kind of adult games room. They serve drinks and food but you can go bowling or play shuttle board or ping pong or other games. The punch bowls were delicious but super sugary. I took photos of these events, but none of them turned out properly. Anyway, we all made it back to the hotel and passed out.
This concludes our adventures for today.
