Today's adventures started with an escape game.
Which was really well done and we totally rocked.
Next we wandered toward central London.
A gate to Chinatown.
Because England doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, many Christmas decorations were already up.
Apparently if you want a proper hamburger, you have to go see Byron.
Trafalgar Square!
Also I cracked my lens filter...so ignore the weird line in the corner.
St. Martin-in-the-Fields lines up well with one of the fountains.
Everyone had had too much to drink. Being a DD for drunk dolphins and mermaids is no fun.
These sculptors had seen a lion. A majestic lion.
We found some art! Giant fingers pointing at each other...for reasons.
This street is very English as well. Maybe that's because the Elizabeth Tower is in the background.
A Horse Guard. Actually that's a lie. The building is called Horse Guards.
This guy is a mounted trooper of the Household Calvary.
Through to the Horse Guards Parade. It's a big gravel area where the Household Calvary do things.
Dragon cannon!
Also known as the Cádiz Memorial.
Also known as the Cádiz Memorial.
The inscription is as follows:
TO COMMEMORATE
The raising of the slege of CADIZ, in consequence of the glorious VICTORY gained by the
Duke of Wellington,
Over the French near SALAMANCA, on the XXII of July MDCCCXII.
This MORTAR, cast for the destruction of that great fort with powers surpassing all others
And abandoned by the BESIEGERS on their RETREAT
Was presented as a token of respect, and gratitude, by the SPANISH NATION
To his ROYAL HIGHNESS and the PRINCE REGENT.
Dan said I had to be in a photo. I think I'm pretending to be the dragon....
The Scotland Office where England deals with all problems related to Scotland.
This is actually more or less accurate.
This photo is self-explanatory.
This is the Cenotaph. It is a memorial for "The British Empire dead of both World Wars, and the British military in later wars." Fun fact - a cenotaph is an empty tomb erected in honor of a person or group whose remains lie elsewhere.
A row of trees and statues.
Edward Smith-Stanley - Prime Minister from 1852, 1858-1859, and 1866-1868.
Benjamin Disraeli - Prime Minister from 1868 and 1874-1880.
Sir Robert Peel - Prime Minister from 1834-1835 and 1841-1846.
A guide to the buildings around Parliament Square.
Around this time we met up with my friend Ed. We popped into a pub to get lunch and to catch up. I haven't physically been in the same location as Ed since we were both around 11 years old. Ed is randomly being sent to Antarctica at some point in the future to study the effects of extreme cold on a healthy body. He is the healthy body.
Street art!
We wandered over to a market to explored Christmas gift options and to just wander around until it was late enough to get dinner and go to our show.
GIANT mistletoe.
Also a giant silver reindeer. It doesn't get an all caps giant because it's only like 1.5x larger than real life in contrast to the mistletoe which is like 20x larger than real life.
I know. I measured. Not really.
I may have cut in front of a small child to get my picture in the Lego train.
It's a train! Made out of Legos!
This evening we attended The Play that Goes Wrong.
It was hysterical. I highly recommend it.
This concludes our adventures for today.
