Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Cayman Islands Day 7 - Hell and Turtles

March 31st


Today, we visited Hell.

Hell is a limestone formation.

We went to Hell!

Apparently Dan is a devil and I'm an angel.

Dan took this same photo about 9 years ago.

Next up, we went to the Turtle Center.

Sharks!  The Turtle Center has animals other than turtles.

These are Nurse Sharks.

It was food time.

Small-ish Green Sea Turtle.

Turtles are very flappy.

Iguana!

Jim and Dan got to hold turtles.

The Turtle Center is a tourist attraction as well as a Research & Conservation center.

Green iguanas are invasive and a problem.

Om nom nom!


Boop!


Turtle tracks.

I'd be Michelangelo...I think.  Dan says he'd be Donatello.

We went on the nature trail, which may have been a mistake.  It was very hot.

Chickens!

Tourist Tree, because it turns red and peels like tourists.



Bougainvillea! 

This one looks....bluish.

No!  Don't run away!

Blue Iguanas are native to the Cayman Islands, but other iguanas are a problem. 

Onto the aviaries!   And a weird...hibiscus?

Crinum Lily.



Scarlet Ibis.

White-Crowned Pigeons.

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine.  

Bee!! And little purple flowers.

Scarlet and White Ibises.

Maybe an Iris.

Little Saffron Finches in the tree.

We got bird feed so I could be a Disney princess.

The pigeons liked me the best.  Go figure.

Pigeon princess!

In the evening we hung out with Jenny and her family.  
Jenny got to meet her traveling Lego mini-figurine.
I am very sad we are leaving tomorrow.  
Maybe since it's April 1st, Dan will tell me it's a joke and I don't have to leave.

This concludes our adventures for today.