Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Whale Watching

April 10th

 I went on a whale watching trip today.

 It started out with this otter.

 He rolled around a lot.

I choose to believe that this boat belongs to that sea lion.  
It's flying the Kanaka Maoli flag of Hawaii.

 Blorp.

 Sea lion pile under the dock.

 This sea lion has a seagull escort.  I bet they're picking a boat to buy.

 The Coast Guard pier is the preferred spot for hundreds of sea lions.

There isn't enough room, so some are in the the water.  
The ones in the water are raising their flippers to stay warm.

 Arp! Arp! Arp!....or a yawn.

 Otter mom and baby!

 The water side of Cannery Row.

 Sea lions on a buoy in front of the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

 Onto the whales!

 I think these are Grey Whale humps.  

  A Humpback whale!

 Thar she blows!

 Flukes!

 More spouting.

 A two-fer, the black blob on the far right and one towards the left.  I think both Grey whales.

 Whale!

 Another whale!

 Humpback!

When we pulled back into the marina these seals were hanging out.

 It's soooooo round!

This concludes my adventures for today.