This weekend we're going test camping in Arroyo Seco. We haven't been camping in a while, so we're doing a trip not far from home in case everything goes awry.
We stopped to let Ta out and to take photos. This is Cow Vetch (Vicia cracca) and it's pretty.
The clouds and coming down on the picturesque countryside.
Dan is taking Ta for a short walk.
I found this not quite a dandelion. Puff and bud.
It was pretty long and kind of weedy, but neat.
We got to the campground and were told we couldn't check in for another hour or so. The "park ranger" Dale was not pleasant to deal with. We referred to him as Dipshit Dale from this point on.
We ultimately ended up camping up in that top little set of loops.
There was some deal with Dipshit Dale where we couldn't set up our tent until after a certain time because people might have those spots or something. I don't know. There were like, 4 other people camping here. Whatever. We drove up to this upper area and decided to take Ta out for a hike until it was the appropriate time to set up our campsite.
This is the Seco, Arroyo. Creek, Dry. It's not so dry right now.
This trip will feature Ta, because who doesn't need more Ta?
I think this is Indian Paintbrush and some yellow flowers.
All sorts of wildflowers!
River running through the valley.
Flowers on sticks!
Flowers and water and hills!
Dan and Ta on the trail.
Uh...a doll tied to a tree. That's weird.
Little puff wildflowers.
Picturesque!
We were there!
I found a tiny bit of shade.
Ta leading the way.
The trail was also a fire access road. I think I'm taking a picture of flowers.
None of those photos turned out.
Ta is investigating.
Ta and I in a tree! Well, okay, it's me in the tree and Ta on the ground.
I think this is about where we turned around so that we could head back for the acceptable time for campsite set-up.
Campsite! Dan and I still know how to put up a tent. Also Ta moved during the panorama. Also Also, there was no one else over here. Oh Dale.
This concludes our adventures for today.








