Today we escaped Reno and went on a hike at Tahoe.
I can see the lake!
It's a lovely day for a hike.
I think we did the Castle Rock trail, or something over in that area.
Rocks!
The hat was good to have. It was very sunny and hot.
It is so beautiful here.
We were there!
I love that you can still see the snow on the mountains.
I walked around and around and around this tree and these rocks looking for a geocache.
I found it!
The rocks go waaaaay up.
Ugh. It's so beautiful.
We ran into a family that told us if we were willing to do a little rock scramble, we could get above the trees and some more amazing views.
Big trees and big rocks.
We were there!
Panorama of Lake Tahoe.
Panoramas of the rocks and things away from Lake Tahoe.
Well worth the rock scramble.
One downside to the hike was we didn't have enough water. By the time we got down and back to the car we were very grumpy from lack of water. We drove into down and descended upon a pizza place and drank what felt like a gallon of water each.
Thirst slated, we wandered off and discovered a make your own ice-cream sandwich shop called The Baked Bear. You pick your choice of cookie, ice cream, and toppings. It was great.
Walking back to the hotel, we saw these amazing murals going up on what, this morning, had been a blank wall.
It's a 24 hour mural marathon hosted by Circus Circus.
Support crew for the artists.
This one makes me think of Where the Wild Things Are.
Skull flowers?
Cool 3D buccaneer.
RAAWR!
The Circus Circus Clown all lit up.
We had some time to kill this evening and we went to see Ali Wong. She was great. She has some Netflix specials, I suggest you check them out.
This concludes our adventures for today.










