Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

House Hunting the Third

October 4th

Today we are going house hunting with one of the approved realtors instead of a housing counselor.   I'm mostly concerned with hitting our TLA requirements, but I also want to see more places.  Today we saw 5 houses.

Note:  I forgot to grab my camera and when I went back to get it, my key didn't work (we have card keys like a hotel).  Today's photos were taken with my phone and are not the best quality, but they are better than no photos at all.




The first place is in Lago Patria and not far from some of the places we saw yesterday. It was in a parco and was fine, nothing exciting. It had a nice upstairs bonus room and terrace though. Also the parco gardener has a pet goat that hangs out there. So there's that.
The outside of the building.  This one is a duplex with another unit behind it (left).


The main room has a fireplace.  It currently has a photo of some major city skyline in it.  I'm not sure if they were using it as a frame or if they really hate that city (right).
This is the kitchen.  I thought the layout was a little weird.  The stove is behind everything else in it's own little area.
The garage/basement.  Oh look!  Tile!
This is the upstairs bonus room that leads to the terrace. 
This is the view from one side of the terrace.  The goat hangs out in those grassy areas.

I'm not sure if Ta would play with a goat or not.
This is the view from the other side of the terrace.  It's not so bad.





The second property for today is also in Lago Patria and sits right next to the NATO base.  There's a barbwire fence and patrol cars on one side of the property.  It had a yard for Ta, which was good, and fruit trees, which I like.  It doesn't really have a view of anything though, which is a bit of a bummer.

We are not sure if we can access the NATO base or not.  If we can't, I'm not sure how interested in this house I will be.  Things to investigate!
Look grassy areas!
Fruit trees!  
Pomegranate and various citrus.
 This is the main room.
Here is the kitchen off to the right of the main room.
One of the upstairs rooms with a balcony.  It looks out onto the NATO base (left).

This property had a garage separate from the house and it wasn't tiled (above).





The third property is on the other side of the NATO base from the second property.  It is quite spacious and located in another parco, but it had a possibly abandoned generic church behind it.  Also all of the showers were tiny square showers.   Have you ever tried to shave your legs in something like that?  It's not a fun time. 
Another yellow house.  They really like yellow houses here (left).


This is the yard.  It's bigger than some but not the best we've seen (above).
This is the main room.  There's lots more space off to the left.  The kitchen is to the right.  The door to the left goes into a weird little storage room, and the doors on the right go to a bathroom and the basement/garage respectively.
Woo kitchen.  They like to hide their dishwashers here.  The houses that have had them mostly have them hidden behind cabinetry of some sort.
One of the rooms that has a balcony (left).

Random, possibly abandoned, generic church in the back yard.  Not too happy about that (above).
Tiled garage/basement!





The fourth property is in the Pozzouli area.  It is HUGE.  There is way more space here than we would know what to do with.  It's also next to a peach orchard.  It's also also next to a bunch of abandoned construction.   I am not a fan of the abandoned construction next door.
It's a yellow house!  

It has a large paved area with some yard along the side and the back of the property.
This is the backyard with fruit trees.  I think these were all citrus.
Look how nice this garage is.  I mean really.

There was another large room and a laundry/bathroom in the basement as well.
The kitchen.  Dan keeps lamenting the lack of counter space, but most kitchens have room to add counter space/storage.
The main room.  I'm still not convinced it gets cold enough to warrant a fireplace.  I guess we will see.

One of the large bedrooms with a balcony (left).

The view off of the balcony.  Notice the red roofs on the left?  Those are incomplete and abandoned houses. 







The fifth and final property for today is much different than any other property we've seen so far.  It is up a mountain side and has fantastic views.   It only has a little bit of grass and it's kind of small.  It also has a weird dead space that they might put a pool or something in it.  These things aside, it's definitely tempting.
It's a little pink house on a mountain side.
I think there is as much deck square footage as there is house square footage.
This is the main room/dining room area divided by the built-in bookcase.
Here is the kitchen.  They hid the dishwasher and the refrigerator this time (left).



One of the two bedrooms (right).   Every other house we've looked at has at least three bedrooms.
The yard.  That's an olive tree, I think.

You can also see some of the view from here.
The view.  Sorry for poor quality, my phone was acting up.  It also looks better in person.



That's it for house hunting for today.  Between the three days we've gone out so far, we definitely have some options.  I'd like to go out once more just to verify that we've seen more or less what's out there.

If you plan on visiting, which of the 11 houses we've seen so far, would you most like to stay in?