Monday, October 6, 2014
Notes on the Navy Lodge
Because we have pets, we are in the apartment style lodgings of the Navy Lodge instead of a hotel room. We have a living/dining room, a laundry/bath room, a reasonably sized kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and two fairly large closets. Being at the Navy Lodge is generally referred to as living in TLA. (I realize this doesn't really make sense given that TLA is Temporary Lodging Allowance, but just roll with it. I am.)
There are some odd things about living in TLA though. We have 6 different colors of trash cans. I believe the different colors correspond to different types of recycling/waste, but I don't know which color represents what thing. Two of the trash cans are at least labeled Recycling and Non-Recycling. This makes the other colors more confusing if I have catch all bins though.
TLA farts. There's no smell, but periodically there is a brrruuuuupt! toot noise. We have no idea what is making it or where it is coming from. Dan swears it isn't him and if it was Ta, we'd have to wear gas masks.
Our shower likes to keep us guessing. It will sometimes let you have a continuously hot shower. Most of the time it likes to temperature cycle. This means you get to shower in 10 second increments before the hot water cycles back to cold. Then you wait 10 seconds for the cold water to cycle back to warm. It's kind of like doing the Hokey Pokey.
Because there is so much tile here, noise travels well. Our upstairs neighbors like to drag things around on their floor. I think they have small children, but there are still a series of strange noises coming from them.
Speaking of strange noises, we here singing every so often. It never lasts long, and it's not good or bad. There are just sporadic 30 second musical interludes.
We have housekeeping, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they show up. For them to clean the pets have to be contained or not in the room. I've given W the extra bedroom, which I think makes her happy. I can just shut her in there. Ta has to be in her crate. So far we have only managed to meet the conditions for having housekeeping once. We have managed to trade out towels at least.
That's it for TLA. For now.
Labels:
The Move