July 13th I spent flying from Naples, Italy to Munich, Germany to Washington D.C. It was a long trip, but luckily because of my lack of preparation, I was up super late the night before and didn't really have any jet lag issues.
My mom was awesome and arrived to pick me up at the airport with Chickfila.
July 14th
I mostly hung out or ran around town running some errands.
Going to places that don't exist in Italy, like Kohls and JoAnn Fabric.
Okay, so maybe I've been in Italy too long, but I totally thought this sign said "Wine".
It is in fact a sign for a church.
I arranged to meet up for dinner with a friend of mine from high school whom I hadn't seen in 10 years. How crazy is that? We met in downtown Staunton, which is about 90 min from Winchester.
A wicked storm descending.
Downtown Staunton:
It was really good to see Sam. I'm glad we could get together.
Hopefully it won't be so long next time!
July 15th
My mom has a beautiful garden:
Crazy coneflowers affected by fasciation:
Several family friends came over for dinner since I was in town and we had a lovely time.
I felt so special that they all had time and wanted to come over to hang out.
July 17th
Today before I left Virginia, I had lunch with my mom (Susan), godmother (Maggie), grandmother (Ruthe), and family friend (Wilma). They all color coordinated on their own.
This concludes my brief trip to Virginia.