Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Area Orientation Part 1

September 19th

 Area Orientation is mostly mandatory for all Active Duty members, so Dan is required to go to all of the various briefs.  This first day was a welcome as well as figuring out some of our needed paperwork to get set up in the system and get various records transferred.  Weeeeeeee!

I kid.  It was good that they set this up for us.

Housing threw us for a loop though.  I thought we would be told we had to live on base or that base housing was full and we had to live off base.   I was not expecting to have a choice in the matter (and was hoping to just be told what we were doing).   We were supposed to tell housing today what we wanted to do, but convinced them to give us the weekend to think about it.  PANIC!

Jimmy took us to Pozzouli to walk around for the evening and then we'd meet up with him later for pizza.


While waiting for Jimmy, we thought we'd get some drinks and sit for awhile.  We got our drinks, but because of some confusing language issues, we also got a plate of fried chicken and potato chips.  I'm not 100% sure where we went wrong.  Oh well.  Adventure!

For dinner we went to Picea with another person from Dan's new command, Matt.  The Margherite pizza was delicious (tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil) and it was a lovely dinner.