Because of our camping and waiting situation, we have gotten the opportunity to have some mini adventures. This weekends was to Indiana for the last Notre Dame - Michigan game.
Friday we flew into Chicago and then borrowed a car from my aunt and uncle so we could meet up with friends in South Bend. We also took my grandfather out to dinner as part of the point of this adventure was getting to spend time with him.
My grandfather spends a lot of his time trying to figure out how to make the world a better place and how we can change the world for the better. It is one of his most endearing qualities and something I love about him.
After dinner we hung out with our friends Will and Kerri at my family's house in South Bend. I have family in the area. They live about a mile from campus. They are different from the aunt and uncle who lent us a car.
Saturday is football day! Here is the lovely Dome. Someone once referred to missing campus as "Dome Sick" and I thought it was appropriate. I've been back every year for one reason or another.
|
| This is that last time ND will play Michigan for the foreseeable future. Our rivalry seems to be more about numbers than disliking them as opponents. | ||
| They parachuted the game ball in with the Seal Parachute Team. Which was pretty amazing if I do say so myself. | ||
| Football! WOOOOOO! | ||
| Touchdown! Go IRISH! | ||
| Look how cute we are. Ignore that I need a brush. | ||
| This is how the game ended as far as I'm concerned. There were some shenanigans about a penalty or something. They made the Michigan team come back out of the tunnel so that ND could kneel the ball, which made no sense. Anyway, it was nice to send Michigan off with a shutout. | ||
Since this was a night game (notice the darkness?) we didn't get home until almost midnight. This did not stop us from staying up to celebrate. We had a wonderful time drinking and celebrating with my family (we were staying with them).
Sunday, after everyone had lots of coffee and got over their hangovers, we went boating on Lake Michigan.
Dan and I went to Redamack's and then to Oink's because that is what you do when you go to Lake Michigan. We drove back to Chicago and flew back to Norfolk. Weekend adventure complete. It was awesome.