This morning we went a-wandering.
This is the Royal Palace with a Beach Volleyball court set up in front of it. For reasons.
Look at all the food options!
Italy doesn't believe in eating food from other cultures.
Canal!
More Canal.
Church thingie?
Look! I was on the trip!
We were waiting for Merel and Madeleine's family who were going to take us boating on the canal. Rebecca, her husband Jason, and her daughter Amelia, lived next door to Merel and Madeleine's parents in Italy. They became good friends and now she has people to hang out with in Amsterdam. This was also good for me because it meant I had a couch to sleep on for the weekend.
Apparently the "canal bicycles" or paddle boats are notoriously hard to steer.
These poor people got stuck under the bridge for a bit.
Hey, there's our ride! (The red and black boat.)
Rebecca's daughter, Ameila, was very excited and then unsure about the macaroons.
Super modern house boat.
Tice(?), our driver. Also Madeleine's boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, or something.
It rained on and off during our cruise. A few times we hid under bridges to stay dry.
Flower market!
Neat shutters. Also flower market.
We jumped off the boat and headed back to Merel's apartment to get ready for the concert. Or the other girls did. Being a weekend trip I only brought half a backpack worth of clothing and was going to wear what I was already wearing.
This concludes our adventures for now.
We jumped off the boat and headed back to Merel's apartment to get ready for the concert. Or the other girls did. Being a weekend trip I only brought half a backpack worth of clothing and was going to wear what I was already wearing.
This concludes our adventures for now.
