Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Spain: Day 2 - L'Estartit Dive #2

July 4th Con't

Howdy!

This is our second dive for today.  We again went out with Francesc, but this time we went to the Medes Islands.  Our dive spot was Dolfì Nord also known as the Dolphin Cave.  
Given my panic attack at the first dive, we did not do the cave.  
Instead we dove the coast line along the cave entrance.

Dive #2:

Some type of Mullet...maybe.

Mediterranean Moray.  Dan spotted this guy.

Weeeee Diving!

A Dusky Grouper.

Our buddy the Common 2-Banded Seabream.

Unknown yellowish spotted fish.

Many fishies on the sea wall.

A school of Damselfish.

Close up of the sea wall and some little coral.  
(It's supposed to be red, but....well...there wasn't enough light.)

On the bottom here is coral with "flowers."  
The flowers are actually some sort of symbiotic bacteria or something like that.

More flowery coral.  Again...supposed to be red.

Mediterranean Moray again.  A better view this time.
I don't know if this is the same eel as before, but I think it is.
Remember the eel from Super Mario 64?  That thing gave me nightmares.

An unknown fish and the sea floor.

Dan selfie.

This is some sort of Rockfish.  I circled it because it's doing a good job of pretending to be a rock.

Out into the  blue.

Dusky Grouper and many little fishies.

Unknown fish.

Unknown fish escaping.

And a compilation of the videos Dan took while diving:


I felt a lot better during this dive and wasn't having as many issues with buoyancy.  I do flail a bit though.  Dan might say I flail a lot, but....I flail a lot on land and I'm probably not going to change.

This more or less concluded our diving adventures for today.