Today we drove out to Backbone Park, a place that Jim has been exploring since he was a kid.
Corn! Corn as far as you can see. Except for that tree.
Unloading the canoe.
Ready to go....I think....
Lake!
This damselfly came and hung out with us for a bit.
A small sandy toad.
Pit stop.
Beaver dam.
Flowers, possibly Ironweed, and a butterfly.
Poison Ivy! Poison Ivy EVERYWHERE.
I miraculously managed not to get any.
Dan revisiting "his" cave.
I think he looks like Winnie the Pooh getting stuck in Rabbit's house.
I also had to go in the cave.
Dan and Jim on the trail.
Dolomite! Not Limestone. You know where else has dolomite? Italy.
And my token photo.
This concludes our trip to Backbone Park and our time in Iowa and our Grand Tour of the USA.
August 6th we drove to Chicago and flew home to Naples.