Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Parco Wanderings

August 12th

The mechanic, Gino, we have used so far in Italy agreed to at least get Dan's car towed to his garage so he could take a look at it.  Dan was at work, so I was waiting for the tow truck driver to show up.  He got lost.

While I was waiting, this gentleman gave me some of the pears he was picking.  I have enough Italian to say thank you and to ask what they were called in Italian.  Pera.  That's easy enough.  He then asked me if I lived in the area, or at least I thought he did.  When I responded that I lived at #2 he said something about two kids.  I just sort of smiled and walked away at this point to take random photos of things around the parco.


Random plants around the parco:
Late blooming Wisteria.

Bougainvillea. 

The grape vines that run between the pear trees.

This crazy curled up Queen Anne's Lace look-alike.

No idea what this one is, but the flowers are above and the seed pod is below.

Gino eventually showed up having gone to find the tow truck driver and bring him to our house (I gave Gino coordinates).  The car was loaded onto the truck and taken away.  Now we wait again.  

Our landlady has responded about the pool pump saying that it is our responsibility to fix it.  We're having none of that and going to talk to Housing to see what we do next.