Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

Viareggio Parade

 12-Feb-2023

Maybe have a few drinks and blast some random music to get yourself in the mood for this post. It's a lot of photos and videos of the parade. We got into the parade route area a little early, so we could walk around and look at the floats and masquerades before the parade started.

"Goodbye blue sky. Love conquers all." (2nd Category)

"Till Death Do Us Part" (Group Masquerade)

Now with Dan!

Now with my parents!

"Musk Attacks" (2nd Category)

"Armed Peace." (1st Category)

We found R2D2.

"Let's Reef-lect." (Group Masquerade)

Part 2.

Part 3 with KC.

Part 4 with Me and Max.

"Watch out for the evil eye. It isn't true, but I believe it." (2nd Category) Front and Back.

"The evolution of the species." (1st Category)

"Divine Carnivale." (1st Category)

"A fantastic story." (1st Category)

"Who wants to be happy, let him." (Group Masquerade)

Burlamacco decorations.

"I am nobody." (1st Category)

We got festive headbands.

KC wanted blue hair, and then immediately didn't, so Dan decided to wear it.

Confetti!

I think we're going to use all the confetti before the parade starts.

Max!

"Planet Earth 2.0." (1st Category) Back,

Middle,

Front.

Let's get this party started!

It was busy, but you could move around.

"I am nobody." I wonder how Polyphemus would feel about this.

I have no idea if this song is supposed to relate to this float or not.

Many of the 1st Category floats had "dancers" in front of them.

The figures are giant puppets and mostly controlled by ropes and pulleys.

"A fantastic story." (1st Category)

KC really likes confetti.

"A Makumba to say enough." (1st Category)

You can't escape the YMCA.

"Divine Carnivale." (1st Category)

My dad got a mask at the museum. I'm glad he decided to wear it.

This one was really impressive. I think it's the less is more aesthetic.

Go go gorilla!

KC had had enough parade for one day.

"Wonderful." (1st Category)

3 out of 4 looking at the camera is pretty good.

"Musk Attacks." (1st Category)

This rotated and one side was Elon Mush and the other side was the Martian from Mars Attacks.

"The Dark Side." (1st Category)

DarthVader's helmet opened up and a video display depicted various historical bad guys.







I think we saw all the 1st Category floats, but missed out on some of the 2nd Category and Masquerades. The girls were getting pretty cranky and we were tired of standing. Also we were hungry.

We had to weave our way through the crowds to get out and then wandered for quite a bit to find a place that was open this early AND wasn't already booked with reservations. We finally found a little pizza shop away from the main drag.

We had a little time before bedtime but were exhausted, so we came up with this for containing and entertaining the children.

Parenting at its finest.




13-Feb-2023
Only two things to do on a train, sleep or watch TV.
We headed home this morning. 
My parents fly out tomorrow. So we got home, did laundry, ordered in, and went to bed early.