Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Alpine Wanderings - Day 11 Munich, Germany

September 16th

Other Dan had to fly out of Munich on Sunday and he wanted to get to a little bit of Oktoberfest.  Luckily, today is opening day!  So we headed to Munich.  Where I saw this car dressed as a sheep at the airport.  Because reasons.

We dropped stuff off at Other Dan's hotel room and then headed into town to find him some lederhosen.  Which, being the opening day of Oktoberfest, lots of stores were having sales/bundles for "cheap." 

We walked past this store window.  These are all made out of fabric!

After a successful shopping trip we headed to the original Hofbrauhaus to down some beers, eat some food, and enjoy Oktoberfest.  We ended up finding a table and being joined by three Italian guys.  One spoke decent English, one a handful of words, and one almost nothing.  They bought us beers after I taught them the use of "y'all" and "all y'all" and drew them a map of the USA of where it was appropriate to use.  Other Dan was upset that I wasn't keeping up with him in beer drinking, but I pointed out he weighs at least 1.5 times more than I do.  I think at the end of the night it was like 6 beers to 3.5. 

The Italian with the least amount of English kept asking if Other Dan and I were "friends" and when we'd say yes, he'd eye me and scoot closer.  After starting to scoot too close, I excused myself to go to the bathroom.  Where I encountered a very drunk British girl wearing lederhosen.  She was upset because they suspender bits weren't fitting in a good way.  So I fixed it for her.  She dragged me to meet her friends, which included a boy wearing a dirndl.  Clearing these two lost a bet or something.  He was lamenting that he didn't have the cleavage for the dirndl, so I helped him with his boob scooping.  At this point I decided between the lecherous Italian, lederhosen girl, and dirndl boy, it was time to leave the Hofbrauhaus.  I collected Other Dan, who thankfully didn't ask any questions, and we went on our way.  

I got Other Dan back to his hotel and told him to set many alarms so he wouldn't miss his flight in the morning.  I headed toward the trains to go back to Garmisch to reunite with Dan.

Overall it was a fantastic week.  Other Dan is very amiable travel companion and I had a lot of fun exploring a little bit of Europe with him this week.   We may have left a handful of strangers convinced Other Dan and I were having an affair, but whatever. My only regret is we totally failed to take any photos together.  Oops.

This concludes our adventures for today.