After a late morning, we wandered back to the fairgrounds to enjoy more Oktoberfest.
Some rowdy, but nice, Australians let us cram into their table.
Country Roads. No one knows the words other than the refrain.
Also, not a song you'd expect at Oktoberfest.
That's my forehead in the corner. I was very concerned about this noise behind me.
Sometimes people fall down.
We found out other friends from California made it to Oktoberfest and we went in search of them. Despite really terrible cell service, we actually managed to find them. Which is an Oktoberfest miracle. Seriously. The tents are so packed you could walk past your own mother and not realize she was there. So the fact that we found them, and fairly quickly is nothing short of miraculous.
A photo with someone who's not Dan. This is Veronica.
Group selfie!!
The beer was trying to be a part of the photo. Dan, Veronica, Nick, Chelsea, and me. We were many beers in. It was delightful. As we had to fly out the early the next day, we figured we should call it a night and left our friends and the tent behind.
Heading home I found a bagpiper. I was super excited (and a bit drunk) and was yelling "I found my people!" I made Dan take a photo. I'm about half German and half Scottish by heritage, so finding a Scottish piper at Oktoberfest was really exciting.
We flew back to California in the morning.
This concludes our adventures for today.







