Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Alpine Wanderings - Day 14 Munich, Germany

September 19th

 Today we're drinking.  It's Oktoberfest!

 First beer!
Also, I got this necklace in Garmisch.  I saw it in a perfume store window one day and really liked it but the store was closed.  I wasn't going to go back for it, but Jee convinced me to go.  I'm so glad I did.  I love it. 

It's important to eat well before fulling diving into Oktoberfest.

We were here between the early birds, who are now taking a nap/break and the evening folks.
But the band was fun and people were dancing.

I liked their use of antlers for decorations.

Specials for Oktoberfest.  The food was delicious.  I really need to learn to make knodel.

Everyone taking their photo in front of Bavaria Statue.

We went to the Paulaner tent to get Paulaner beer.

We ran through Cafe Kaiserschmarm because it looks like a cake castle.  
We didn't stay, but we got crowns!

I found this episode's pineapple!!!

It'sa me!  Bavario!

We went in search of the toboggan ride that we went on last time we were here.

And the terrifying Moses/Jesus/Miner statue and ride.

And then we went on the ride, since last time all I remember is spinning and trying not to puke.

Turns out it's very giggly ride.

So many gnomes!

I really want knodel, but I'm so full.

I might end up looking like this if I do learn to make knodel.

This lion might be auditioning out for RuPaul's Drag Race.

Oh, here it is again, but not in drag.

Oktoberfest!

Hacker-Pschorr horses.  I like their little hats.

They're no Clydesdales, but they still look fancy.

Artsy Augustiner. 

Regular Augustiner.

I was amused that as you went away from us, the gingham check shirt grids got larger.

After having a bit to drink and some lovely food we headed back to our hotel.

This concludes our adventures for today.