Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Carney Park Mini Adventure

April 12th

I really like geocaching, but I have never been the first person to find a new cache.  I wanted to change that with a cache hidden, but as of yet unfound, in Carney Park.

Carney Park is a park for US service members and their families.  It is inside a defunct volcano and has a pool, golf course, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, hiking trails, and etc.

I dragged Dan and Ta out to explore the trails and hopefully find this undiscovered cache.
The hike up wasn't too bad, though Dan did not have the best shoes for woodsy style hiking.

I found a shiny blue beetle bug thing, which Ta tried to step on.

 I found an amazing view of the bay of Pozzouli.

I did not, however, find the cache.  I couldn't even get near where it was supposed to be without possibly falling down the outside of the volcano crater.  I thought Dan might get mad at me if I did that, so I gave up.  I will look again another day. 

On our hike down we elected to take the steep but faster route.  This may have been a mistake.  Dan ended up twisting his knee and Ta kept trying to pull me down the trail.  I am surprised a twisted knee was the worst of it.