Bright and early this morning Habitat for Humanity came to take away the things we didn't sell on Craig's list. (Craig's list is weird and I did not have much luck with it.) I am glad they showed up before the movers so there wasn't any extra confusion occurring.
The movers showed up around 9:30 (which was in their estimated arrival time frame). The lead was the same gentleman who did the UAB move, so I was happy to see him. He did a good job with that move, and it was nice to have a face that I recognized. He brought two guys with him and they started wrapping up the furniture and moving out boxes into the truck.
Dan and I proceeded to try to stay out of the way for the next 5 hours. I spent a lot of it hiding with W in our upstairs "Do Not Pack" room. I played a lot of my Kirby game.
I got everybody lunch from Sam's Texas Sub Shop, which if you are ever in Norfolk, you need to check out. They have great subs and are lovely people.
We filled the entire truck. I think we had 5 or 6 full crates of our furniture and boxes. I thought I got rid of a lot of stuff, but I guess not THAT much.
Once the movers rolled out, Dan and I set up our new room. It's an air mattress with sleeping bags on top and cardboard boxes for nightstands. How romantic.
We may have spent the rest of the afternoon/evening acquiring a topper for the air mattress, sheets, towels, pillows, and a few other odds and ends to camp in the house.
Much later....
We had a bonfire, drank, and burned some things with our friends Laura, Michael, and Michael's friend Sam.
Here are some photos:
| Flaming Death PiƱata | The Hot Seat | |
|
|
|
We then crashed because we had to get up at 3:45 AM to get to the airport to get to Iowa. Dan was very grumpy about having to get up so early.
Edit:
In case you were wondering, we found 4 chapsticks and about 18 hair ties that W had hidden under furniture.