August 6th - 7th
I have spent two days deep cleaning parts of our house, mostly the upstairs bathroom and the kitchen. Part of this is because Dan is coming home (in theory) but most of it is because the last move is looming and I want to make sure random things don't get packed up and that other random things don't get forgotten.
The third reason is that Samaritan House is coming through the neighborhood to pick up any donations set out on the curb. I have like 8 trash bags full of things, plus some other furniture I don't want to deal with. I could probably have a second yard sale with the stuff going, but I did that and am done with it. I do not have the patience or time or energy for another yard sale. This is the lazy man's way out. I just have to get the stuff to the curb tomorrow morning. That will be the challenge.
I expected the kitchen to be alright and the bathroom to be terrible. The reverse was true. Granted about 50% of the things in the bathroom got thrown out or put in a donate bag and it's a much smaller space. But it went fairly quickly and wasn't too unpleasant.
The kitchen, however, has been fighting me all day. The refrigerator was the worst. The shelves don't fit in my sink. I think I got washed more than they did. I'm also amazed at the random dirt/ick that got places and I have no idea how it got there. I totally get the ick from the exploding beer bottle incident. I tried to clean as much of that as I could, but I knew I'd miss some of it. But the ick elsewhere? Where did it come from? Is there a kitchen ick goblin? I imagine he's friends with the goblin that eats socks from the laundry.
I ended up tossing a ton of food/food items. The movers won't pack any liquids and some of the stuff moved from Georgia and still hasn't been used. I fear Bean Day is coming. If you aren't familiar with the concept, Bean Day is when you are trying to eat up ay food you have remaining and end up eating a can of beans. Because that is what is left and it needs to be eaten. It doesn't have to be beans, of course, but the idea holds. I fear our Bean Day may in fact be water chestnut and jello day.
Anyway. Super boring post. Cleaning. yay. Bean Day. eep!