August 14th
The first part of the last move happened today. Two ladies came and boxed up ALL OF THE THINGS. I am amused because this is the same company who did our Storage move. For that move they sent three ladies to pack up everything. For this move, the all our stuff move, they sent two. Seems a little odd, but whatever.
Again the movers were polite and pleasant. They worked quickly. I may have fallen asleep at some point while they were not packing the living room. I may have also spent most of the move playing games on my Nintendo 3DS. Dan got it for me yesterday to distract me from stressing out about move things. At least that's what I think. It's been a good plan. I've been playing the Kirby game. It's bright and shiny and very distracting. Silly me is quite pleased and enough so that rational me hasn't been able to speak up. This is probably good, for now.
I think if we both approached this move the way Dan does, nothing would have gotten done and things would have been a mess. However, if we were both like me, we'd both be stressed out and probably arguing a lot. I think it is a good thing we do not handle things the same way. Though I could use a little less eye-rolling when I suggest organizing something.
Tonight we are sleeping in sleeping bags on our bed. It is silly, but at least we still have the bed for tonight. Tomorrow we will be on an air mattress.
Dan's has acquired a command to "babysit" him until we leave. This is good so he's not burning leave while we wait.
We are still not sure where we are going to live after we come back from Iowa. We could squat in the house until the 16th of September, but that sounds unpleasant. Though it may be our best option. I would like to at least be somewhere with a bed. The air mattress isn't great. I remember from when we camped for two weeks in the house when we first got here that it was uncomfortable and difficult.
It turns out that in an empty house with plastic on wood floors, every time Dan or I moved, the air mattress squeaks and creaks and those sounds are amplified by the emptiness of the space. It does not make for good sleeping.
Tomorrow everything goes away and we hopefully figure out what we're doing about living arrangements. Fingers crossed the air mattress isn't the solution.