Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Last Move Prep

August 12th

Today was a long day.  Dan and I spent it running around the house trying to square away everything for the movers who are coming tomorrow.  Or so I thought.

I got a call from them that they estimated our stuff at 6,500 lbs, so it's only going to take them one day to pack it up instead of the two they originally thought.  They will come Thursday to pack and the truck will show up Friday. 

In some sense this is a relief as I am not ready.   I think Dan would be perfectly happy to sit on the couch and poke his computer while the movers do everything.   I want to be more organized than that, but I am running out of time.  We shall see what happens come Thursday morning.  It will probably end up being more of Dan's style than mine, but whatever.   We got booze to kill.  I'll just start with some whiskey in my morning tea.  That should help, right?

The biggest issue is squirreling away anything we DON'T want them to pack, either because we will need it during the next month or because we just don't want to take it.  That means our guest room is now a mess of  things we want to keep with us.   I hope they all fit in our luggage!