Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Headaches

August 4th & 5th

I have developed reoccurring afternoon headaches and nighttime nightmares.  The headaches leave me pretty worthless for several hours every afternoon and the nightmares make it so I don't sleep very well.  I'm blaming the move, which is now being personified as a lurching blob monster in my head.

The dreams I remember are usually pretty bizarre anyway, but my stress dreams are violent and upsetting.  Last night I woke up screaming and crying, because the nightmare I was having ended with my niblings being killed.  Not in an accidental death kind of way, but in a vengeance murder kind of way.  The nightmares, aside from being unpleasant, leave me emotionally confused and drained and sleep deprived.  

I don't feel terribly stressed during the day, but clearly something's going on.  I hope whatever it is it will stop when Dan comes home.

In the world of good news,  I know when Dan is supposed to come home.  I'm not convinced it won't change though, so I'm keeping it quite.  I'll believe it when I see him.