Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Day Off

July 20th

I have a day.  A day I don't HAVE to do anything.  So I don't.  I spend it doing laundry and reading comics.  Rather, I spend it reading comics and occasionally making progress on laundry.  The day goes on.  The laundry suffers.  I am not concerned though.  I am enjoying the day of doing what I want.

Okay, so this is a bit untrue.  I WANT to read those comics; however I HAVE to get them read so they can go into storage.  I'm still doing move related things and I barely realize it.  One of these days I will not think about the move.  I will not wonder if it will get done.  I will not worry if I've done it right.  I will not let silly me get hysterical over something, that is in the long run, insignificant.  There will be a period of time, after it has all been shipped or stored, that I cannot do ANYTHING about any of it.  And I will try to enjoy that time, because once that time ends begins the time of trying to get things back.  I am leery of this time.  Maybe I will make Dan deal with it while I go eat gelato.

Silly me worries that Dan will not be happy about some of the decisions I've made about what has gone where, and what has simply gone away.  Rational me takes the more defiant stance of He left me to deal with this.  So I'm dealing with it.  If he doesn't like it, too bad.  Neither is completely correct, which is why I need both of them.

W is either confused that Ta is not here or reveling in her absence.  She has been sleeping in/on all of Ta's favorite places and marking (rubbing not peeing thankfully) all of Ta's favorite things.  She does seem a bit perturbed by all of the movement of things in the house.  I don't think she likes it.  She is at the moment, asleep on top of the couch next to me.  She can't be too upset.

For now I will continue to enjoy reading my comics.  I am also grossly behind on several titles, so this allows me to catch up on what's going on in my favorite superhero worlds.  Spoilers below if you are delinquent in your reading as well.

  • I discover that Tony Stark is adopted and has a secret invalid older brother.  Say what now?! 
  • I finally get around to reading A.S. Echo, by Terry Moore, which is interesting and weird.  
  • I learn that the mastermind behind Harley Quinn's bounty is, in fact, Harley Quinn. 
I catch up on the webcomics I follow.  I spend hours sitting and reading.

It is glorious.