Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Storage

July 30th

I got up at 7am this morning so that I could run to the grocery store to get box of water bottles.  (Box? Container? Collective? Herd?  I'm not sure, but I think you know what I'm talking about.)  I also need to get bagels.





So much stuff!  But nearly as much as I thought.  Hmm...... Also all the artwork is in a closet.  You can't see it.

The movers are supposed to arrive around 8:30.  They arrive at 8:15.  This is okay, though I was in the middle of unloading the dishwasher so I could put the dirty dishes in the dish washer so when the movers came through the kitchen to get the washer and dryer they wouldn't think I was a slob.  Oh well.

Three cheerful women greet me at the door and introduce themselves.  I'm sorry ladies, I have forgotten your names (I am bad with names).  I run upstairs to lock W in a room.  She does not need to be underfoot nor does she need to be making escape attempts out the front door.  I show the women to the room where I have sequestered all of my things to go into storage.  I do not know if they are impressed that I gathered everything together in like piles or if they just want to get this over with.  I like to think they were impressed.

The ladies go out to their van and return with mountains of packing material and boxes.  This seems like a good time for me to get out of the way.  I plug my iPad into our stereo system so that there can be music.  I have been using Songza, at the suggestion of Michael.  It's pretty great.

Three men arrive with a truck.  I don't remember their names either, again, I'm sorry.  I show the one in charge the handful of items I left in the garage.  I wasn't dragging the mitre saw into the house.  It wasn't worth the effort.

Recently speaking of Michael, he arrives to acquire a bagel and ends up staying just long enough to help the movers get the washer and dryer out of the house.  Thanks Michael!  (Think you can help me put the door back on its hinges?)

I don't know what to do with myself now.  The ladies are wrapping, packing, and boxing up all the items.  I decide to sit on the couch and poke my computer.  Then it dawns on me.  I started this blog last night, right?  I should probably start filling it in and getting it up to date with everything.  So I begin.

The movers clear out at 10:30.  That went much faster than I thought. The women thanked me and said they enjoyed having music.  One of the men said You have been my favorite movee.  I loved the music.  Every time I came in here there was something playing I haven't heard in forever.  This was great.

At least I made them happy.  Maybe they were extra careful with our stuff.  I did not expect the move to go so quickly.  I just blocked the whole day for it.  Now what?  

I guess I will write.