FYI for overseas moves we get three separate moves. I have ordered them in the way I planned them, they do not have to go in this order
- Unaccompanied Baggage - This is the essentials. It gets shipped early on so that it arrives at your destination earlier. I was told to think of it like going to a cabin for two weeks. What would I need for that. This move maxes out at 800lbs and cannot include furniture.
- Storage - This is everything you want to keep, but don't want to send across an ocean. It goes into a government warehouse somewhere and no one touches it until we move again.
- Household Goods (HHG) - This is everything else. It will show up eventually.
On June 7th
I try to log on to Move.mil. I cannot because I have a macbook. Move.mil only works in Internet Explorer on a PC. I call my friend Laura to see if I can use her computer.
I tired to create an account. I could not create a new account because we have one from when we moved from Georgia. I have no idea what the ID or password is for this account.
I finally figure out how to reset the password and the log in information. I have to set SEVEN security questions. The password also has to be a minimum of 16 characters long with upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. Bite me.
It takes me an hour, AN HOUR just to get things sorted out so I can log into the system, and then it doesn't look anything like my handy-dandy information sheet that I was given from the workshop.
I give up. I will go talk to Housing this week. Maybe they can walk me through Move.mil.
Move.mil FAILED!