I married a Submariner. I knew from soon after we got engaged that I would be moving at least 2 times in 3 years, if not 3 times. I got lucky; I'm on my 3rd move in 3 years.
The first move, Virginia to Georgia, I did on my own (and by that I mean my brother Colin helped me on a whirl-wind weekend driving tour of the South-eastern part of the US). This move went fine. It did not involve the military in anyway.
The second move, Georgia to Virginia, was my first military move and it was overwhelming. We split it between military movers and a DITY move (do-it yourself move). This move went mostly fine except for the part where the moving company did several thousands of dollars of damage to our stuff because, in their words "the truck leaked."
This is my third move. We are going from Virginia to Italy, and given the stress of my previous military move, and the fact that this move actually involves large expanses of water, I have been a bit anxious about everything. Turns out I have had reason to be.
Dun dun dunnnnnnnn...
[Pause for dramatic effect]