This starts on May 15th.
I find out somewhere that we can take pets and there is no quarantine.
We are allowed to take 2 normal pets. Normal pets are dogs or cats according to the Navy.
I find out that they must have EU acceptable microchips and upon getting them must have their rabies vaccines updated. This doesn't seem to bad rational me thinks.
I call the civilian vet that I've used most recently and ask if they can do the overseas screenings for pets and their health certificates. I am not impressed with the response I get. I am not convinced that they can do the required pet health things and instead try calling the base vet. They do this all the time, they should know what they're doing, right?
I try calling the base vet. Yes, they can do the microchipping and vaccines as well as the health certificates, but this is Thursday and appointments should be made on Monday. What?
I call back on Monday morning, first thing at 8am. The base vet goes to voicemail. Sigh.
I call again at 8:30, 9:00, and 9:30 when I finally get ahold of someone.
The sergent hasn't released the schedule yet. Please call back later.
Did I mention that the base vet is an Army vet installation? No? Well it is. I don't know why.
I call back at 10:30 and finally get an appointment for June 3rd. Three weeks from now, because that's the earliest available appointment they have.
So I wait.