Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Side Notes & Shout Outs

As I said at the beginning, I was working full time through all of this.  My work was amazing about me randomly disappearing and having to take days off to get things done.  I do greatly appreciate their flexibility.

My parents are also being awesome and letting us store some of our more sentimental and delicate items in their house.  I am not sure the government warehouse has climate control and some of the things I don't want strangers handling at all because they are old, delicate, or extremely sentimental.

Michael has been awesome about watching our pets whenever I had to run off somewhere.  I tease him that they are time-share pets.  He only gets them random weekends.

Also throughout this process I was trying to organize and inventory everything in our house.  It is an incredibly daunting task.  I kept coming up with a process, and then realizing that there was a better way.  Going room by room seemed like a great idea when I started with our guest room.  It's really easy to inventory a room that doesn't really have much in it.  I failed when I went to inventory our office.  It's also a dumping ground for things we don't know what to do with.  I think I inventoried the furniture and then gave up.  I did better by going through a room and getting rid of things first.  I'd then only inventory as items got moved around to Storage or Move.  This seems to be working okay.  Between spreadsheets and photos I think I will have a record of just about everything.

I would send Dan emails periodically asking him what he wanted to do with certain items and if we should toss, store, or move something.  He does get some say.  Don't think I'm just tossing all of his things away because he's not here to defend them.