A medical screening is required to make sure that I do not have any chronic issues or other medical problems that the base clinic in Naples, Italy isn't prepared to deal with.
I think I'm being smart. I haven't had any medical issues since being in Norfolk, so I as my mom to make appointments with my doctors up in Winchester. I've been going to most of them my entire life, so why not? Because they are doctors' appointments, and I want them done all in a few days, I think July would be a good time to do this. My mom gets them scheduled and everything looks peachy.
I get an email from Dan on June 12th in which he informs me that my medical screening needs to be done ASAP because they need to make sure I clear so they can do whatever it is they are doing.
So much for being smart and well prepared.
Part of the medical screening for women is having had a regular pap smear within 12 months. Well I haven't done this, but I have one scheduled for July. This does not do me much good in terms of getting the medical screening done quickly. Luckily, my friend Laura is an OB/GYN nurse. I call her to see if her office can get me in for a pap smear and they can on June 17th.
I go to my appointment.
I will have to wait for the results which will take about a week, so I can't get the medical screening until after that.
Part of the medical screening for women is having had a regular pap smear within 12 months. Well I haven't done this, but I have one scheduled for July. This does not do me much good in terms of getting the medical screening done quickly. Luckily, my friend Laura is an OB/GYN nurse. I call her to see if her office can get me in for a pap smear and they can on June 17th.
I go to my appointment.
I will have to wait for the results which will take about a week, so I can't get the medical screening until after that.