We received orders for Naples, Italy! Hurray!
Excitement wears of quickly and confusion and anxiety rise up in its place.
Dan is deployed. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing for this move. What about the pets? Are we taking them? (YES!) What do we need to to do take them? Is there a quarantine? What do I need? Do I need shots? What happens with our stuff? Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?.....Hippo?!
Like many of you, I spend some time on Facebook from time to time. I belong to two wonderful groups related to Navy Spouses. These people are amazing and a fount of information and advice. You can ask them just about anything and someone has useful information about it. You are almost never in a unique situation. Someone has gone through these shenanigans before you, and they are all to eager to help or know someone who can.
It is in one of these groups that I stumbled upon someone else's request for information about moving to Japan. We're not moving to Japan silly me thinks, This isn't useful. Luckily rational me chimes in But some of the info has to apply generally. At least it's a place to start. What could it hurt to look? Get used to these two, they are around a lot.
Thanks to the Facebook group and rational me, I find out there is such a thing as the Overseas Transfer Workshop hosted by Fleet & Family Services. I call immediately to find out when the next class is and if I can get into it. SUCCESS! I now wait for the class which isn't for three weeks. I do not know what to do with myself in this time. I feel like I should be doing something for the move, but don't know what.
So again, I wait.