July 31st
Look! I'm caught up! It only took two days and a major headache. I'm proud of me even if you aren't.
Today I woke up and didn't quite know what to do with myself. I knew I wanted to catch up the blog (CHECK), but other than that the day has been open.
I worked on modifying a light box I made several months ago. I lined it with aluminum foil to get better light distribution. I'm not sure if it worked or not, but it looks neat now.
I watched Phineas and Ferb on Netflix. Yes, it's a kid's show, but it amuses me greatly. Stop judging. You know you want to watch it too.
I got a call from our HHG movers that they'd like to come do a survey of our stuff if possible. Sure! I'm not doing anything. They will be here at 2:30.
Dan calls. Dan CALLS! This is exciting and confusing. I don't understand how he is calling, but I don't ask. I am excited to hear from him. Literally to HEAR HIM. There is a slight delay, but it isn't bad. He is annoyed at the way the Command has been handling, or not handling as the case may be, our move. Next time, we really shouldn't try to PCS during a deployment. This is terrible. I point out that we didn't have much choice in the matter, unless we didn't want to leave Norfolk. I will take this hassle for overseas adventures versus staying in Norfolk. (I don't hate it here, I just don't like it either).
They are not sending him home when we thought they were. I am upset. It's a difference of a few days, but I am upset. We are supposed to go visit his family, but he won't be home in time. We still don't have flights out of the country, so we may be able to work something out. It's a mess. He is not happy. I am not happy. I just want him to come home.
He has to go and says he will call again in a few days. I can't wait.
The move assessor arrives. She is bright, bubbly, and easy to talk to. The whole survey takes 20 minutes. I am thrilled to find out that they will move my tea, as long as I put it all in plastic bags. DONE! (Well, not yet, but it will be!)
My friend Michael has had a long and hard day. He's going to help me get rid of some of our alcohol tonight. The movers won't move it. What do you do with leftover peppermint schnapps? We're going to try some experiments. I will report back tomorrow.