Since I could not check the Move.mil website at home, I would check it first thing in the morning at work on Thursday.
It was still down.
At lunch? .....still down.
Friday morning? .....it...it worked?! IT WORKED? I left work to go back to the Relocation Office.
They didn't believe me. But it worked. I scheduled our three moves
- Unaccompanied Baggage (UAB) for July 16th
- Storage for July 30
- Household Goods (HHG) for August 15th
When you schedule a move, you also estimate the weight of your goods. The military decides what your weight allotment is based on your rank and whether you have dependents. Our totally weight limit is 14,500 lbs. We are allowed 800 lbs for the UAB move, so I maxed that out. At this time I have a vague idea of what is going into storage and what is staying, but clearly have no concept of what each move will weigh. I estimate 3,000 odd pounds and dump the rest into the HHG move. Once our stuff gets packed up we will know what it weighs. I can't imagine we will come close to our weight limit, at least, I hope we don't.
The military has not scheduled us flights out yet. I don't know when we're actually going, but I now know when all of our stuff is going. According to Dan's orders, he just has to report sometime in September. So I just picked dates that seemed reasonable given the lack of information that I have.
I am pleased with myself and I go to drop off the paperwork. I accidentally printed two of the same document and I am missing some form for one of the moves. The Housing lady assures me that this is not a problem. I am not convinced, but go home anyway.
I receive emails, several emails, for all of the moves, except the one I didn't have the right form for. I am now wary.
Level Completed! - Move Scheduling Completed....?