Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Passport, Part 3

This takes place on June 28th

After much hemming and hawing Dan gets an ordermod and my name now appears in his orders.  Hurray!  

I print off the new orders and go back to the passport office.  I have orders, two photos, my civilian passport, the passport application form, and the letter from the Command that I know they don't want, but I'm bringing it anyway.

I am wary because of DD Form 1056 (remember that?);  I still do not have an original copy of it, but I'm going to try again anyway.   

This time there's a receptionist type person, or his desk is just unfortunately located, I can't tell.  It is not the same person I spoke to last time, although that individual is in the office.  I can see him hiding behind his mini cubicle wall.

The new guy wants to know what I need and I say I'm there to get a no-fee passport.  He asks for my documents.  I proudly hand over my stack of paperwork.  He looks for my name in the orders.  THERE IT IS!  I want to shout, but I refrain.  He looks at the other paper work, my photos, my civilian passport, and then he looks at my DD Form 1056.  He pauses.  I hold my breath.  

We have to have an original of this form.  No copies will be accepted.
I start to interject "But he said.." gesturing to the man hiding in his cubicle.  The man in the cubicle rumbles I told her I'd take care of it. If she got her ordermod.  New guy relents.  He has me sign some things puts all of my documentation into an envelope and says they'll call me when they get the passport.  

Before I can run out (I'm convinced they'll change their minds about DD Form 1056) he hands me a sheet of documents that I will need to get my Visa once the passport arrives.   I look at the list and sigh.  It again has things that I need from Dan.  I hope he can get them.

Level Completed! - Passport Submission Complete!