I take Tantalum [Ta] our dog and Tungsten [W] our cat to the base vet for their appointment.
Ta takes this as she does all vet visits. She wants everyone to pet her and she wants to investigate everything. Ta doesn't even seem to notice when they insert her microchip. (Have you ever seen the needles they use for this? They're huge!) She is completely unfazed by the rabies vaccine. She now has two microchips, the previous one is from when we adopted her. She is now that much closer to being a cyborg or terminator dog.
W didn't want anything to do with anyone or anything. She REALLY didn't like the microchipping process, to the point where she REFUSED to put paws on the examining table afterwards. She tried to climb me instead to hide on my shoulder. I set her on the floor and she climbed up into a chair and glared at everyone. I put her crate towel over her to let her hide.
The vet came in to finish up the appointment. Ta once again wanted to play and didn't mind getting poked and prodded.
W did not take to the poking and prodding very well. Once the vet was finished I reassembled W's crate, which she hid in immediately.
The vet receptionist tells me to call back on the 21st of July to schedule an appointment for the pets to receive their health certificates. This must be done within 10 days of flying. Did I mention I don't actually know when we're going?
The vet office was great and really had their system down. I had no problems and it went smoothly, once I got an appointment that is.